Who is eligible to file ITR 2?
- Income from Salary/Pension
- Income from House Property(Income Can be from more than one house property)
- Income from Capital Gains/loss on sale of investments/property (Both Short Term and Long Term)
- Income from Other Sources (including winning from Lottery, bets on Race Horses and other legal means of gambling)
- Foreign Assets/Foreign Income
- Agricultural Income more than Rs 5000
- Resident not ordinarily resident and a Non-resident
Who cannot file ITR 2?
- Any individual or HUF having income from Business or Profession
- Individuals who are eligible to fill out the ITR-1 Form
Documents Required for Filing ITR-2?
- PAN (Permanent Account Number)
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank account details
- TDS certificates
- Challan of taxes paid
- Details of original return if filing revised return
- Details of notice if filing in response to the notice